If you've just migrated your firm to QuickBooks Online and want to connect your Aero account to your new QuickBooks Online account, Aero support will need to help you with that. When Aero talks to QuickBooks in the sync, it uses the QuickBooks Customer ID number to identify customers, not names. So Aero support needs to get the Customer ID numbers from your QuickBooks account and enter those ID numbers into your Aero account.
That is how we can make sure that customers are not duplicated. Here is what you need to do:
- Make sure that your QuickBooks account does not have duplicates. Go to My Books > Sales > Customers and de-activate any duplicates or use the resolve duplicate customers function to merge them. Check out the library procedure for resolving duplicate clients.
- Once you're done cleaning up your customers in QuickBooks Online, open a new Aero trial account. This is going to be a temporary Aero account.
- After the account is created, go to the Account Settings > Integrations in the new Aero account and connect it to your NEW QuickBooks Online account.
- Once you've done that, contact support and ask them to get the ID numbers from your temporary Aero account and transfer them to your real Aero account.
- Once that is finished, we can delete the Aero trial account and then connect your real Aero account to your new QuickBooks Online account.
Note: on the first sync of your Aero account with your new QBO account:
- Data in QuickBooks will override data in Aero. So customer names and addresses (or lack of addresses) in QuickBooks will overwrite any information in Aero.
- Contact names and emails in QuickBooks will not overwrite any information in Aero.
- Any customers that exist in QuickBooks but not Aero will be added to Aero.
- Customers that are in Aero but not QuickBooks will not be added to your QuickBooks account until you open and save those customers in Aero.
Please sign in to leave a comment.