During the first sync, Aero fetches your Jobs and Employees from your QuickBooks Time account. Aero will match Jobs to existing Aero Customers or create new ones. If Advanced Tracking is enabled in QuickBooks Time, Aero will bring in the Service Items and Classes from QuickBooks Time.
The Job-Company sync works like this:
- Aero brings in your Job list from QuickBooks Time and tries to match to existing Customers in your Aero account.
- Remember that software is very literal so ABC, Inc. (with a comma) looks like a different name than ABC Inc. (with no comma).
- If Aero cannot find an EXACT match, a new customer will be created in Aero.
- Existing Customers in Aero are NOT automatically created as Jobs in QuickBooks Time.
- If you want to sync to both QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Time
- Sync Aero to QuickBooks Online first by clicking the Sync Now button in the QuickBooks Online section of the Manage Integrations page
- Sync QuickBooks Time to QuickBooks Online in your QuickBooks Time account to make sure your Customer/Job list is the same
- The last step is to sync Aero to QuickBooks Time
- If your Aero account is synced to QuickBooks Online and you decide to also sync it to QuickBooks Time, Your Aero time will only sync to QuickBooks Time. You can then move the time from QuickBooks Time to QuickBooks Online if you want to.
- Read more about best practices on syncing Customers (Jobs) with Aero and QuickBooks Time
After the initial sync
- New customers added to Aero will be automatically added to QuickBooks Time as a Job
- New Jobs created in QuickBooks Time can be added to Aero by clicking the Sync Now button on the Manage Integrations page
- If you add a new Job in QuickBooks Time and add a new customer in Aero with the EXACT same name, it will be matched to the correct QuickBooks Time job
- If you create a Company in Aero that is not a Customer (Vendor, Lead, Employee, Owner, Other) no Job will be created in QuickBooks Time
- If your QuickBooks Time account is connected to your accounting software, the best practice would be to add a new customer to your accounting system first, sync that to QuickBooks Time, and then sync QuickBooks Time to Aero. Jobs created in QuickBooks Time are not necessarily added to your accounting software.
Employees, Service Items, Classes
- If you add new Employees, Service Items, or Classes to your QuickBooks Time account, they are not automatically added to your Aero account. Navigate to Admin > Manage Integrations and click the Sync Now button to add them to your Aero account.
- If you have Auto-sync time enabled, every time any user either Saves & Completes or Saves & Defers an Aero, a time entry will be sent to QuickBooks Time.
- Time only syncs one way, from Aero to QuickBooks Time.
- The information sent to QuickBooks Time with each Time Entry is:
- the time (as a fraction)
- the time notes
- the QuickBooks Time Employee
- the Service Item (if Advanced Tracking is enabled in QuickBooks Time)
- the Customer/Job
- the Class (if Advanced Tracking is enabled in QuickBooks Time)
- billable status (Yes/No)
- If you have Advanced Tracking enabled in QuickBooks Time and you have Service Items and/or Classes required in QuickBooks Time, then you must match your Aero Types to the appropriate Service Item/Class or time will not sync.
- If you edit a Time Entry in Aero, it will be updated in QuickBooks Time.
- If you edit a time Entry in QuickBooks Time it will not be updated in Aero, even if you click the Sync Now button in Aero.
- If you have not checked Auto Sync Time on the Manage > My Company page, you can approve multiple time entries at the same time using Batch Update Times.