If you connect your Aero account to your QuickBooks Online account, all of your QBO Customers will be imported into Aero. If you are not going to connect your Aero account to a QuickBooks account, your customers can be imported for you. Enter them in this spreadsheet and then send it to Aero Support.
- If you are syncing Aero with QBO, before adding a new customer in Aero, update your customer list from QBO to prevent duplicates.
- Navigate to Customers > Companies and click the Add New button. You can also add a new customer by selecting the Add New link in any of the Company dropdowns in Aero.
- Fill out the fields. You can read about each field below or follow along in Aero.
- Click the Save & Close button to finish adding your new company
- OR click the Save & Continue button to continue on to the Edit Company screen where you can add information to the customer vault or create Aeros for your new customer.
|Name *Required||The name of the company. Note: if you add a Company with the exact same name as another Company in Aero, the Company name will have the word (dup) added to the end.|
|First Name||The first name of the primary contact for that company. If this contact doesn’t exist in your database, they will be added.|
|Last Name||The last name of the primary contact for that company. If this contact doesn’t exist in your database, they will be added.|
|Email Address||The primary email for that company. If you enter an email address, you must also enter a contact name. If this email doesn’t exist in your database, it will be added|
|Accounting Software||The name of the accounting software the company uses. Choose from the dropdown menu.|
|Account number||The account number your firm has assigned to that company.|
|Phone||The main phone number for the company.|
|Fax||The main fax number for the company.|
|Hourly Billable Rate||You can set an hourly billable rate at the customer level. If you set up your Aero account for your hourly rates to differ by customer, this is the rate that will be used|
|Monthly Fixed Fee||If this client pays a fixed monthly fee for your services, you can enter it here. This amount will be used in the reporting section of Aero. It doesn't sync in any way to QBO and is not used for invoicing.|
|Type||The type of company (Customer, Vendor, Lead, Employee, Owner, Other). If your Aero account is synced to a QuickBooks Online or TSheets account, choosing the type Customer will create a new customer in QBO or TSheets. Once you choose the type of "Customer" and save it, you cannot later change it to another type.|
|Website||The company’s website URL.|
|Address||The company’s full address.|
|Notes||You can add general notes about the client here. These notes will appear in the Company Information tab when someone is working on an Aero.|