To edit an existing customer:
- Navigate to Customers > Companies and click the View button to the left of the customer you want to edit
- Now you can edit any of the information fields. See below for a list of each field and its purpose.
- Note that the Default Contact and Default Email Address fields are dropdowns and cannot be edited on this screen. You can edit the Contact or edit the email address separately, choose a new one from the dropdown, or click the Add New link to add a new one.
- You can also make the customer inactive by unchecking the Active box. When you make a Company inactive:
- The company will no longer appear in any of the Company drop-down menus.
- If there are Aeros that are assigned to that Company, there will be a number instead of a name in the Company field.
- Making a Company inactive does not automatically cancel Aeros and Recurring Aeros associated with that Company.
- If your Aero account is synced to a QBO and/or TSheets account, the Company will be made inactive in QBO and/or TSheets as well.
- Click the Save & Close button to save your changes and return to the Manage Companies screen or click the Save & Continue button to save your changes and continue editing.
- The Audit Info button will give you audit information (available for Large Firm subscriptions only):
- Who created the company
- When it was created
- Who last edited the company
- When it was last edited
At the bottom of the screen you can also:
- Click on the Aeros tab to see all the Aeros that are associated with the company. You can use the sort and filter features of the grid to find a particular Aero
- Click on the Recurring Aeros tab to see a list of all Recurring Aeros that are associated with that company
- Click on the Contacts tab to see a list of all the contacts associated with the Company. You can add a contact by searching the dropdown menu in the blue header and clicking the Add button. You can also use the Add contact button at the bottom of the screen. Remove a Contact by clicking the blue Remove button to the right of the Contact's name.
- Click on the Aero Groups tab to see a list of all the Aero Groups associated with the Company
- Click on the Team members tab to see a list of all the Team Members that have been assigned to that Company. Team Members listed here will be able to see and edit this company on their My Companies screen. You can add a Team Member by searching the dropdown menu in the blue header and clicking the Add button. You can also you the Add team member button at the bottom of the screen. Remove a Team Member by clicking the blue Remove button to the right of the Team Member's name
- The Vault is where you can securely store client logins and passwords, credit card and bank information, tax id numbers, even a link to a folder on a document management site. Click the Add a new record button to add a new vault entry and click the Save changes button to save it. You can use the sort and filter features of the grid to find a particular Vault entry.
- The Actions tab on the Edit company screen gives you multiple options for creating Aeros for your clients. From here you can start or add an Aero, create a Recurring Aero, use a Checklist Template to start or add an Aero, use a Checklist Template to Add a Recurring Aero, start or add an Aero using a Library template*, or create a Recurring Aero using a Library Template*.
|Name *Required||The name of the company. This information syncs with QBO and TSheets.|
|Default Contact||Choose the name of a default contact from a dropdown list. If the contact does not exist in Aero you can choose Add New to add a new contact|
|Default Email||The primary email for that company. Select from a dropdown menu. If the email does not exist in Aero, you can choose to add a new email address|
|Accounting Software||The name of the accounting software the company uses. Choose from the dropdown menu (this list is created in Aero Settings).|
|Account Number||The account number your firm has assigned to that company.|
|Phone||The main phone number for the company. This does not have to be the same number as the primary contact. This information syncs with QBO.|
|Fax||The main fax number for the company. This information syncs with QBO.|
|Hourly Billable Rate||The billing rate for this client. If you choose Customer as your Billing Rate option under Aero Settings > General Settings, all hourly billed services you provide for this customer will be billed at this rate.|
|Monthly Fixed Fee||If you charge this client on a fixed fee basis, you can enter the monthly fee here. The number is used in Aero Reports. It does not sync to QBO and is not used for invoicing.|
|Type||The type of company (Customer, Vendor, Lead, Employee, Owner, Other). If you are syncing to QBO, any company created as a Customer will automatically be added to your QBO file. If you are linked to QBO, once you create a company that is a Customer, you cannot change the Type.|
|Website||The company’s website URL.|
|Address||The company’s physical address. This information syncs with QBO.|
|Active||You cannot delete a customer, but if you uncheck "Active" they will no longer appear in customer dropdown lists|
|On Hold||Whether or not Aeros and other activities for the company are on hold.|
|Notes||You can enter notes about the company here. These notes will appear in the Company Info tab in the Do Task screen.|
*Library templates are not available to all users.