Aero provides multiple levels of information to help you in managing your firm. We've written a brief overview below.
Managing the 'Now'
First of all, Aero gives you a picture of what's happening right now. It's intended to help you make sure that customer work is on track and on time and your team isn't hitting roadblocks or getting over-scheduled.
The Manage Aeros screen gives you a picture of open Aeros - that is Aeros with a Start Date on or before today that have a status of NotStarted, Deferred, or InProgress. You can customize the Manage Aeros screen to change the default view, but the intent of this screen is to give you a bird's-eye view of what's happening right now.
The Manage Time screen gives you a picture of what people have been doing. It lists time entries made by the team recently - by day week or month, depending on what filter you choose. Here you can watch for scope creep and keep an eye on how much time people are spending on client work.
There are also a number of reports that give you insight into the status of client work and what your team is doing:
- Aeros Percent Complete - a list of all open Aeros and the percentage they are completed, based on the actual tracked time vs. the budgeted.
- Customer Last Activity - a customer list with the most recent time entry for each.
- Daily Activities - a report showing what everyone on the team worked on each day
- Aeros list by Team Member - a versatile report that you can use to see how much time has been budgeted for each team member for a certain time period. You can also use it to check the status of all work for a certain client or type of Aeros.
- Completed Aeros report - a list of all Aeros that were completed in a certain time period
Measuring Efficiency and Productivity
Once the work is done, you can get information on how well it was done.
- Actual vs Estimated Time - lists the time actually spent working on an Aero vs the budgeted or estimated time.
- Average Actual Time for Recurring Aeros - calculates the average time over several instances of a recurring task and compares it to the budgeted time
- Days to Completion - lists completed Aeros along with how many days it took to complete each one. It can be customized to also show the actual vs. budgeted time.
- Aero Group Status - if you use Aero Groups, you can get a list of all open Aero Groups and their status
Aero gives you insight into your firm's profitability
- Fixed Fee Job Costing - totals the cost of all time marked as 'fixed fee' and compares it to the monthly Fixed Fee in the customer record.
- Time Cost vs. Amount Billed - gives you the total cost of time for a customer and compares it to the amount billed in QuickBooks Online (Invoices & Sales Receipts). Note that your Aero account must be syncing with QuickBooks Online to have access to this report.
- Time Entries List Report - This is a versatile report that can be used simply as a "timesheet" report or can be used to do job costing on different metrics- by customer, team member, type of work, etc.
- Aero Group Costing - if you use Aero Groups, you can get a costing report for each Aero Group.
- Billable vs Fixed Fee - a simple pie chart showing the percent and amount of time for each category: Billable, Fixed Fee, Neither (Admin)