You can edit any of the Checklist Templates with a Template Category "Aero".
If you edit a Checklist Template that you have already used to create Aeros or Recurring Aeros, those Aeros and Recurring Aeros will not be updated when you update the Checklist Template.
- Navigate to Templates > Checklist Templates.
- On the Checklist Templates screen, find the template you want to edit (use the search boxes in the column headers) and click the View button.
- You can edit any of the header information. See the table below for more information on individual fields.
- You can add, edit, or delete any of the steps. Each step has the following information:
- Order: You can type in a step number as you are entering it.
- Complete: This box is checked as each step is completed. Generally, when you are creating steps, this box will remain unchecked.
- Name: A short name for the step.
- Description: A more detailed description of the step.
- Action Link: A URL where some action will be taken during that step.
- Help Link: A URL containing some sort of help document. This can be internal or external.
- SOP Id: The ID number of a Procedure Guide that you have created.
- LIB Id: The ID number of a Prodeure Guide in the Aero Library
- As you are updating the steps, click the Save Changes button in the header of the Steps grid to save your work as you go.
- When you are done, click the Save & Close button to save and return to the Checklist Templates screen.
Other actions you can take on this screen:
- Delete the Template. This will delete only the template. If you have used this template to create Aeros or Recurring Aeros, those Aeros and Recurring Aeros will not be deleted.
- Clone the Template. Click the "More" dropdown and choose Clone. An exact copy of the Checklist Template will be created that you can edit.
- Audit Info (Large Subscriptions only). Audit info will give you information about when the template was created and last updated.
The fields on the Edit Templates screen are:
|Choose what kind of checklist template this will be: Task, Meeting, Email, Other (note)
|Estimated Duration *Required
|The estimated time the Aero should take.
|Set Days To Due Date
|If there is a window of time to perform this Aero, specify the number of days in this window here. For example, if you are creating a template to reconcile accounts, you might want the start date to be the first of the month, but your staff actually has 7 days until the task is really due. The Days to Due Date would than be 7.
|Aero Types are set up by your firm and give you a way to sort and examine your work. For more on Aero Types, check out this blog article Choose an Aero Type from the dropdown menu or start typing to filter for the one you want.
|The team member the Aero will be assigned to. When you create an Aero Template, this field is usually left blank- unless there is one team member who always performs this work.
|The client the Aero is assigned to. When you create a template, this field is most often left blank.
|The main contact for that Aero. When you create a template, this field is most often left blank.
|The Aero’s priority (Normal, Elevated, Critical). Priority default is Normal.
|The type of job ‘hat’ the staff member is wearing for this Aero.
|The Aero Group this Aero is associated with (choose from the drop-down menu or start typing an Aero Group name to find). When you create a template, this field is most often left blank.
|The publish status controls whether or not this Checklist Template will be visible in any Advisor accounts you might create. Only Checklist Templates with a status of "Public" will appear in Advisor accounts.
|You can type in an author's name here. If the template is visible to Advisor accounts, the author name will be shown.
|You can list any software apps used in the template. This is informational and can help you organize your templates. You can even get fancy and use app icons here!
|If the box is checked, the time spent doing the Aero is usually billable.
|Check this box if this Aero will usually be billed on a fixed fee basis.
|A short title for the checklist template. This will be displayed on the Aero grids and lists.
|A more detailed description of the Aero can be written here (not the actual checklist- you'll add that later). You can also add notes to your staff here if you wish.