Two-factor authentication (2FA) is a security process that requires two forms of user ID to log in to Aero, which helps keep your account safe.
Aero uses an authenticator app to provide 2FA. You can choose to use either Microsoft Authenticator or Google Authenticator.
To enable two-factor authentication:
- Navigate to the My Preferences screen
- Click the Manage Two Factor Authentication button
- Make sure you've downloaded the authenticator app you want to use to your smartphone and click the Configure Authenticator button.
- Follow the directions in your authenticator app to add a new login and scan the QR code on the screen. Get the authentication code from your authenticator app, enter it in the Verification field in Aero and then click "Verify"
- The next screen will list 10 one-time recovery codes. Copy these and keep them in a safe place. If you lose your phone, one of these recovery codes may be the only way you can log into Aero. Click the Close button when you've copied and saved them.
Once you have enabled two-factor authentication, you will need to enter the code from your authentication app when you log into Aero.
- Enter your username and password as usual
- Open your authenticator app on your smartphone and enter the code displayed into the Authenticator code field in Aero. Click Log in.