Often in an accounting firm, client work involves more than one person before it's done. For example, you may have a process where one person in the firm does the data entry, then a second person does the reconciliation, and then a third person prepares reports and contacts the client. There are two different ways you can set up this workflow in Aero.
Outline the process in the steps
The easiest way is to create an Aero Template, Recurring Aero, or Aero that tracks the whole process from start to finish in the Steps:
Obviously, this sample is simplistic. Each part of the process can have multiple steps to complete before they get to the Save and Defer. But this is one way that a series of dependent tasks can be combined into one big task.
Link Aero Templates together
If you want to be able to more clearly track each part of the process, you can create a Checklist Template for each part of the process and then link them together:
- Create a Checklist Template with the checklist for the Aero that you want to be generated (the 'second' Aero).
- Create a Recurring Aero or a Checklist Template for the Aero that will be the first task, the first Aero.
- Find the template you created for the 'second Aero' and right-click on the Create Aero button.
- Choose 'Copy Link Address'
- Back in the 'First Aero', add the step that will generate the second Aero. Paste the URL you copied into the "action link" field.