When you want to create a task that will be done once and not repeated, you want to use this option. If you want to create a task that recurs on a regular basis, you want to create a Recurring Aero.
Click here to follow along in Aero: Try it in Aero
To create a new task, navigate to Manage > Aeros. Click the Add New button
OR navigate to Quick Add (+ icon) > Create Aero
OR from the Edit Company screen, in the Actions tab, choose Add Task, Appointment, or Note
OR from a "Do Task" screen you can choose Create Related Aero Task
OR click the Add Aero button from the Checklist Templates screen.
Any of these methods will bring you to the Create Aero screen.
- Fill out the Header information. See below for an explanation of the fields.
- At this point, you can save the task and it will appear on the assigned Team Member's list on the scheduled start date. To stop at this point and save the task, click the Save & Close button.
- You can also decide at this point not to create this task. If you click the Cancel button, no work will be saved and the window will close
- If you want to continue editing the task and add steps, click the Save & Continue button. The task will be saved and the Steps grid will open. See below for an explanation of each field in the steps grid.
- As you are adding steps, It's a good idea to click the Save Changes button in the header of the Steps grid.
- Depending on what header information you filled out for the task, you may see some additional links next to the Steps grid. See below for details
- Click the blue Save & Close button to save the Aero and close the Edit Aero window.
- OR Click Save & Start to save your changes and start working on the Aero right away.
- Cancel will cancel your changes and close the window
Fields in the Aero 'Header'
|Scheduled Start Date *Required||This is the date the Aero will appear on a user's Dashboard. It defaults to the date and time you open the Create Aero Task screen, but you can enter a different date by clicking the calendar icon on the right and a different time by clicking the clock icon.|
|Scheduled Duration *Required||Your time budget for the Aero. This field defaults to 30 minutes if you do not enter a time. Time must be entered in the hh:mm format.|
|Due Date||The date the Aero needs to completed by|
|Assigned To *Required||The team member the task is being assigned to.|
|Type *Required||The Aero Type. Aero Types are created by you and are used to organize your services. For more about Aero Types, you can check out this blog|
|Company||The name of the company the task is associated with. This can be a client, your own firm, or perhaps even a vendor.|
|Contact||The main contact for that task.|
|Category||Whether the Aero is a Task (default), an appointment, or a Note (other)|
|Status||The status of the Aero (Not Started, In Progress, Completed, Canceled, Deferred). When creating a new task, the default is Not Started.|
|Priority||The Aero’s priority (Normal, Elevated, Critical). Priority default is Normal.|
|Hat||The job ‘hat’ the staff member is wearing for the Aero|
|Aero Group||The Aero Group you want to add this Aero to (choose from the drop-down menu or start typing an Aero Group name, company name, or Aero Group type to find).|
|Billable||Check this box if you are billing the customer by the hour for this Aero|
|Fixed Fee||Check this box if this Aero is part of a fixed-fee engagement|
|Subject: *Required||A short title for the task. This will be displayed on the Aero grids and lists.|
|Comments||A more detailed description of the task can be written here. You can also put in specific instructions for the person performing the task. The description is internal and will only be seen by your Aero account Team Members.|
Fields in the Steps grid:
- Order: You can type in a step number as you are entering it. The order number controls in what order the steps will appear in the checklist.
- Complete: This box will be checked as each step is completed. Generally, when you are creating steps, this box will remain unchecked.
- Name: A short name for the step.
- Description: A more detailed description of the step, if needed
- Action Link: A URL where some action will be taken during that step.
- Help Link: A URL containing some sort of help document. This can be internal or external.
- SOP Id: Type a procedure number from your company's procedure list to have it as a reference for the person doing the task. You can find the procedure number by navigating to Templates > Procedure Guides and finding the procedure you want to reference. The procedure number is listed in the blue View button.
- Lib Id: Type a procedure number from the Aero Library's procedure list to have it as a reference for the person doing the task. You can find the procedure number by navigating to Library > Library Procedures and finding the procedure you want to reference. The procedure number is listed in the blue View button. Note: in order to use a Premium Procedure your firm must have a Premium Aero Subscription.
The additional information you may see on the screen:
|Company Info||If there is a company name in the Company field, there will be a blue Company Info link. Clicking on the link will bring up a company information window with:
|Company Aeros||If there is a company name in the Company field, and there are any other Aeros assigned to that company, there will be a blue Company Aeros link. Click on the link to show the grid of all Aeros for that company. You can use the sort features of the grid to look for a specific Aero. The columns in this grid are:
|Vault||If the Aero has a Company assigned to it, there will be a blue Vault link. Click the link to see the entries in the vault. You can use the sort features of the grid to look for a specific vault entry. Note: Team members will only see vault entries with security levels that are less than or equal to their security levels. The columns in the vault are: